Sunday, September 23, 2007

Digital Converse

For my second project in my Digital Arts class we had to make a narrative piece that was composed of 5 different pieces. The project was extremely open ended so all we really had to do was tell a story some way. It didn't matter how, just as long as it made some sense. So when the teacher was explaining this project an idea popped into my head immediately. This was a good thing because usually I don't get very into school art projects and have a hard time coming up with what to do that actually fits into the requirements. So whenever I get an idea right away it gets me excited and that helps me to complete the project to the best of my ability and make the best art I can because I actually get into what I am doing and want to make the art as good as possible. So when I heard we had to make five separate pieces and make a story I thought of all the Converse shoes I had ever bought in my life and how I could make a story about the path my life has gone on. So I then decided that for every shoe I would think of a place in time that I was with that shoe. For example, my first shoe is an original black Converse, and I set that at my grade school because that is where I wore them the most. So, in the end my narrative shows a variety of my shoes progressing through the places that have impacted my life...

I call this: A Walk In My Shoes









No comments: